Don’t ever say you don’t have time. I promise you, you do. People judge me for coming into work with 3 pieces of bacon and 3 scrambled eggs freshly cooked – it takes 10-12 minutes. You have 10 minutes to make yourself food while running back and forth doing your make-up, brushing your teeth and turning the coffee pot on.
This recipe took me EXACTLY 30 minutes to do. All you need to make this happen this quickly is good beats (tonight was the new Luke Bryan CD – judge me) all your ingredients, a knife and frying pan on low.
- 5 Pieces of Bacon
- 1.5 cups of brussel sprouts ( I cut these in fourths)
- 4 chicken sausages (mine were apple flavored)
- 1 can hunts diced tomatoes
- 1/3 bag of Spinach
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- a dash of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Start off by putting the 5 pieces of bacon on a frying pan on LOW.
2. While those start to cook up, chop your brussels sprouts. Check on the bacon and flip every so often.
3. When the bacon is cooked to your likelihood, set that aside on a paper plate with paper towels. I kept the pan on low and added in the brussels sprouts. Add some salt & pepper here!
4. While those are slowly softening, cut up your chicken sausages. Once you are done cutting, toss those into the pan and turn the heat up to medium. Make sure to mix it all together.
5. Let that sit for about 3 minutes. Next, add the can of diced tomatoes and mix it in. Add your italian seasoning, garlic powder and some more salt and pepper.
6. When it is near the end, rip up the spinach and mixed that into the combo.
7. While the spinach is cooking down, dice up the bacon. Once you have your pieces – mix that in.
8. When the spinach is all cooked down and everything is steamy and smelling awesome – EAT!
In only 30 minutes, I through this master piece together. You have veggies and your have protein – work with what you got.