My favorite paleo snack of all time is plantain chips and gauc. I buy it from Wholefoods and bring it to parties because it’s the one thing I can eat and my friends all enjoy it – to them it’s just a chip, to me it’s paleo awesomeness. However, for this magical 30 Day Challenge are wrapping up (done tomorrow) plantain chips from Wholefoods/Trader Joe’s got the boot. So what did I do earlier this week? MADE MY OWN!
This gaucamole is actually Pineapple Gauc – PALEOMG rocks and I loved it.
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
2. I sliced 3 Plantains – try to cut along the angle.
3. Once they were all sliced I tossed them in a bowl and tried to separate them out a bit. They tend to stick to each other.
4. I melted 1/4 cup coconut oil and poured it into the bowl and took a spice to mix it up. I wanted to make sure all my chips were covered.
5. I took 2 cookie sheets an placed each plantain down on them. You don’t really need to worry about spacing them out but you do need to make sure that each is laying flat. (hint: make sure to spray the pan with some olive oil – very lightly- so they don’t stick).
6. Toss some salt on those bad boys and put them in the oven for 30 minutes-ish. Flip 15 minutes in and after 30 keep checking on them until they “chippy” enough for you!
Enjoy & bring this to all the super bowl parties you are going to.
“Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can’t lose”