Well, I am back and hope to stay back. Moving halfway across the country definitely put a pause on eating healthy by not being able to prep as much as I normally do, and made me restart my entire kitchen. I had to re-buy those spices, oils, coconut based products and diced tomatoes (I never go without this in my pantry.). Overall, the restart and moving to one of the most foodie cities in the country made planning out a paleo week a bit tricky. Thanks Chicago for the ample about of good burgers, great bar food and the best boozy brunches around (like why did my bloody have candied bacon?).
Anyways today I kicked it back into gear with one new recipe and two oldies but goodies. Of course, I brought it back with a tribute to my main lady PaleOMG. Also, just to prewarn everyone this food prepping piece is mostly just for go-to snacks, lunches and if I feel lazy one day this week. I also have 4 dinners planned and ingredients purchases (which is why I am all about kick-starting this blog backup this week).
The last reason I am bringing this back is because it’s almost fall and that means it’s almost time for pumpkin everything (I know the stores already have it, I refuse to engage). I might even try my luck with pumpkin muffins (once I buy a muffin pan…). This whole moving out thing and really being on my own has made me in dire need of some hobbies – silly me didn’t realize that cooking was that hobby!
Back to the food, below is what I made:
- Avocado Chicken Salad (Tip: don’t add the bits of avocado until you are ready to eat it)
- Also I made the mayo in my progonex blender bottle with my whisk end on my immersion blender. It was super easy to fit in the fridge to cool and super easy to clean up)
- Turkey Artichoke Meatballs (This made about 8 meatballs that I can now snack on before the gym, or eat as a “lazy” meal)
- If you make this with fresh ground turkey and don’t freeze it, I feel like you can have these in the oven in under 15 minutes.
- Bacon Lime Sweet Potato Salad
- Once you get choppin’ it goes quick. Make sure you have two bowls and two cookie sheets on hand. I also did not use three sweet potatoes – I had two super-size ones and it was fine. Just think you want the cookie-sheet to be PACKED with sweet potatoes.
Here we go folks, the Bacon Lime Sweet Potato Salad is fantastic. This is going to be my go-to side dish for lunches all week. It was easy to make and delicious. I believe my good friend brought this to a cookout and I am so happy I have a large Tupperware container of it in my fridge.