This was an original and a spin off all combined into one. To start I cooked the acorn squash (cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, cook face down on a cookie sheet at 420 Degrees for approx 25 minutes). The main thing to note, is you the know the squash is done when the skin “gives” a little and you can poke it with a fork.
While this was happening, I basically made a stir-fry of sausage, apples, mushrooms and spinach. I used salt and pepper and a little basil as my spices and did this just by feel. Once I had my meat mix, I tossed this into the cooked squash and put it in back in the oven until it had a bit of a crust. Once that happened- I ATE IT ALL. NOMS.
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 1/2 Pound Sausage
- 1 Apple
- A Handful of Mushrooms
- A handful of fresh Spinach
- Dash of Salt & Pepper
- Teaspoon of Basil
- Preheat Oven to 420 Degrees
- Cut Squash and dispose of seeds
- Place Squash face down on cookie sheet in oven for 25ish Minutes.
- While that is happening, cook your sausage until almost done.
- Add in apples, mushrooms and spinach to cook down.
- Once mix is “almost” done, put this in the done acorn squash and place back in the oven.
- Cook until the tips are a bit crusted
- Eat the whole thing. (I split it into 2 and had one for dinner and the other half for lunch)